Friday, February 7, 2014

Valentine's Day Evidence Based Reading Activites FREEBIE


Who doesn't like a freebie?!  Common Core is really pushing kids to dig deeper into the text.  My old Valentine's Day centers were just not cutting it.  I'll admit it, they were fluffy.  Thanks to three days off due to 7 inches of snow, I have created some fun evidence based reading activities.  I have been really pushing my third graders to compare texts and analyze what they have in common.  In this packet the kids will read two different passages about valentine traditions in other countries.  They will then fill in a great graphic organizer to compare the two countries.  I think the kids will really enjoy reading about how other countries celebrate Valentine's Day.  The kids also have been LOVING color coding evidence from the text.  I have created two stories where the students will color code the answers.  Shout out to my daughter Evelyn who was my inspiration for one of the texts!!  Finally, you will find a fun writing activity.  Please enjoy and have a very happy Valentine's Day!                                          


                                                 Click here

1 comment: